Sunday, October 30, 2005

CARR'S COCKTAIL SHACK - A Chaser

Speaking of radio on the Internet...

Alas, the telegraph wires must have been hit by an early snow up in the Rockies, as it was a rocky reception today. I did catch the very excellent following set:

Whatever Lola Wants, from Damn Yankees
a sweeper from the very lovely Lola the Vamp
Just Help Yourself, Tom Jones (ooooohhhh!!!!)

Then the guest cocktail of the week; klept Bono's 127 it was and featured:

Jim Beam Bourbon
Frangelica

...and the rest was lost in the Colorado drifts. Still, a few of those 127s and I bet I could even listen to that Zooropa thing of theirs. Hell, enough Jim Beam and the Hartz Mountain Canary Training Record probably rocks!

So, very little of the Shack today. But I fear not, there's always Brendan "Nevada Gulch" McLoughlin holding the reins of the Wells Fargo Wagon. That show will be in my player before a fortnight passes!

No comments: